Can you tell I'm a Packer fan?  Right now I am relaxing after a long day of teaching and learning with a cup of my special Autumn Spice Coffee.  (while listening to the Packers kick some Saints butt) Until now, this was my own special recipe that I didn't share with anyone.  Everyone has to have a few secrets. I decided that this is just way too good to keep secret.  I tend to think of coffee the way some people think of Red wine.  I like to add interesting combinations of flavours before brewing to see what I come up with.  Just experiment, there will be some disasters, there always is but then there will be that one that is just awesome.  On a cold, fall afternoon, there is really nothing better than a good spiced cup of coffee.  Recipe is below, try it out, come up with your own combinations of flavours, play with it.

Autumn Spice Coffee

 Ingredients:

Good quality coffee beans (I like Kicking Horse, Grizzly Claw)
Cinnamon - about 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg - about 1/8 tsp
Allspice - dash
Vanilla - a few drops

How to:

Grind up enough beans to make 10 cups of coffee (about 2 tbsp per cup - I use a bit less but you need to use enough or it will taste bad).  Put the coffee grinds into your filter first and then sprinkle the spices over top and brew as normal.  That's it.  Super easy but so good.  Back to the game now.  Last time I checked, Green Bay was up 20-7.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheeseburger Pie Continuing Evolution

Paleo Chocolate "Peanut Butter" Brownies

Kettlebells and Fitness