Cheeseburger Pie Continuing Evolution

Almost a year ago I posted The Evolution of A Recipe showing how I have changed the recipe for Impossible Cheeseburger Pie over the years so that my family could continue to enjoy it even though our eating habits have changed.  I have made yet another change to that delicious recipe and want to share it with all of you.  Below is my recipe from a year ago with a couple changes.  Most of it will stay the same, the change is to the biscuit mix.  I have hi-lited the changes by changing the text colour to red.  Happy Cooking!





My NEW Paleo Version
Impossible Cheeseless Burger Pie

Ingredients:

1 lb. extra lean ground grass fed beef
1 med. yellow onion chopped
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
2 fresh chopped Jalapenos (I remove the seeds so they aren't quite as hot)
2 cloves garlic smashed and chopped
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne
1 1/2 c. Almond or coconut milk
1/4 C Coconut Flour
3/4 C Almond Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
Dash Sea Salt (optional)2 omega 3 eggs
2 egg whites
Fresh chopped or freeze dried cilantro
Fresh chopped or freeze dried chives

How to:

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease a large pie plate with coconut oil or olive oil.  Cook ground beef with onions, garlic, chili's, spices and salt and pepper.  Whisk together the next 7 ingredients and layer with beef mixture - half of the beef mixture goes into the prepared pie plate topped with half of the egg/biscuit mixture followed by the other half of the beef mixture and finishing with the last of the egg/biscuit mix.  Sprinkle with the cilantro and chives.  Bake in pre-heated oven approx. 30 min. or until nicely browned.  Serve with Homemade Salsa and avocado slices.


Variation:  If you are allowing dairy you can sprinkle the top ground beef layer with some sharp cheddar before pouring the biscuit mix over everything.  My kids like it done that way but I prefer to leave the cheese off.  The avocado and salsa give it all the kick it needs.

Comments

  1. Just found your blog and I'm quite impressed! Can't wait to try this recipe. As a graduate student I'm short on time so I love meals where everything is all in one pan and I can take leftovers to lunch the next day without having to carry lots of little containers. Hope you keep posting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Paleo Chocolate "Peanut Butter" Brownies

Kettlebells and Fitness