Paleo Chocolate "Peanut Butter" Brownies

First of all, sorry I have been on a bit of a hiatus lately.  It has been a very busy summer and a lot of my free time has been spend training to finish the last couple things I need for my AKC 2. It has paid off though, summer isn't over yet and I can already do 2 pull ups!  Anyway, I came up with a delicious recipe the other day that I just had to share with everyone.  This took a bit of trial and error but it was worth it.  The boys love these and they are paleo, nut free and safe for school.  I know it is still a few weeks away but it's coming quickly!



Ingredients:
1 500g jar of sunflower seed butter or tahini (unsalted)
(I prefer the tahini as it has a bit of a stronger, more peanut flavour)
2 Omega 3 eggs
1 cup maple syrup
1 TBSP pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup pure cocoa powder
1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
"Peanut Butter" Swirl ingredients:
1/8 cup tahini
1 TBSP maple syrup
pinch Celtic sea salt

How To:
1. Pre-heat oven to 325
2. Grease a 9x13 baking dish or line with parchment paper.
3. Empty the tahini into a large mixing bowl.  Mix until smooth. 
4. Blend in eggs (mixture will thicken and clump a bit here) and then blend in the maple syrup and vanilla until smooth.
5. Mix together the cocoa, salt and baking soda and blend into tahini mixture.
6. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
7. Mix together the 1/8 c of tahini, maple syrup and salt and place in blobs all over the top of the brownie batter in the pan.
8. Using a butter knife, swirl the tahini "peanut butter" throughout the pan.

9. Bake for 35-40 min or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Cut into individual servings.  Store in an airtight container. 

These have quite a bit of maple syrup in them but keep in mind that they are a treat and should be consumed as such.  I cut mine about the size of two bite brownies.

Comments

  1. i can't believe there are no comments yet... these are awesome. so yummy and really hit the spot. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I substituted soy butter because of a peanut allergy and they came out awesome. i too am suprised there arent more comments. Will be making them again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be careful with soy as there are several issues with it. Soy is not allowed in the Paleo Diet for so many reasons. I used almond butter in the recipe because peanuts are not allowed either in the Paleo Diet. They are a legume (=bad) there is really no nutritional value to them and they are very high in fat. If you are able to eat almonds or hazelnuts their butters work really well with this recipe. If not you can use tahini or sunflower seed butter instead - just as good and safer than soy. Since going Paleo I have noticed that soy products are one of the worst things for causing me intestinal problems so I know by experience that there is truth to the reports. Glad to hear that you like the recipe though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cheeseburger Pie Continuing Evolution

Kettlebells and Fitness