Excellent Paleo Cookbook

Hey everyone!  Two posts in one day...whaaat?  Two weeks ago I went to Chapters in search of a cookbook that I had heard about.  I bought the last copy there and brought it home with me.  Since that day I have tried a new recipe almost every night.  The food is amazing and it is, you guessed it, Paleo!  We have had Fish sticks, gravy and biscuits, homemade breakfast sausage patties, Jambalaya, bangers and mash and more.  I think my favourite recipe however is the Tom Kha Gai - coconut chicken soup.  It is so incredibly good.  What is this awesome book you ask?  It is Paleo Comfort Foods by Julie and Charles Mayfield.  I don't know these people, have never met them and I don't get anything for telling you about it but I am so happy with it that I had to share my experience.  I have to say that I never strictly follow a recipe.  I always have to put my own spin on it and these recipes were no exception.  I had to tweak very little though to get them to my liking.  Most of the tweaking was just because I didn't have the necessary ingredients so I substituted and adjusted slightly to allow for the substitution.  All paleo though, I promise.  With the Tom Kha Gai, the only thing I changed was the way I cooked it.  We had an incredibly busy day and I didn't  have the time to let it cook on the stove for a few hours so I made it a slow cooker recipe instead.  Everything else remained the same.

Here is the link to the book on Amazon in case you are interested.
Paleo Comfort Foods

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheeseburger Pie Continuing Evolution

Paleo Chocolate "Peanut Butter" Brownies

Kettlebells and Fitness